Doing an internship while studying

The following information is for non-EU/EEA or students from Switzerland that want to do an internship alongside their studies.


If you are studying at AUAS and you want to do an internship as part of your study programme, you do not need a work permit. Instead AUAS, your internship employer and you need to sign an internship agreement.


You might need a specific health insurance type. This depends on the amount of money you receive from your internship. If you fail to take out correct health insurance you might receive an high fine.

Published by  Student Affairs 8 April 2020