Working as an entrepreneur while studying

See this page for more info about working as an entrepreneur besides your study.


In addition to your studies, you are allowed to work in the Netherlands as a self-employed individual, as long as you continue to meet the requirements for your residence permit for study. For AUAS bachelor and master students, please see these requirements here. There is no limit to the amount of hours that you are allowed to work as a self-employed individual. Also, you do not need a work permit (TWV). You need to register your company with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (KVK). You need to pay taxes yourself.


You might be obliged to take out Dutch public healthcare insurance. Please make sure you are correctly insured.


For more information you can access Pathfinder. Please check the following topic ‘working as an entrepreneur during your studies’.

Published by  Student Affairs 8 April 2020